Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Commercial Production Piece




This particular piece of my reel is my Commercial Production.  I came up with the concept of a commercial that makes fun of some of the goofy energy drink commercials out there, especially 5 hour energy drinks.  I recorded all the audio in a pro tools session and I shot, edited, and color corrected the entire piece myself.  The hardest part was getting the voice over to match along with what was happening on the screen.  I found the music on firstcom.com and as soon as I heard it I knew it was the perfect fit for my piece.  I used some goofy wipes throughout it very similar to how that energy drinks commercials work.  It’s definitely a comedic piece.  

 When the main character first drinks his coffee and the black and white editing flips to full color was a lot of fun to put that particular part together.  I edited the piece with Avid Media Composer, a hefty program but I’m very comfortable working within it, and especially color correcting it as well.  The footage was shot with a P2 camera, and didn’t use any audio from the shoot because of the fact that it was to parody energy drink commercials.  I recorded the dialogue for the voice over using Pro Tools 10 and a Sterling Audio ST-51 condenser microphone.  I did some light mixing on the voice and it was ready.  Getting the music at the perfect level was probably the hardest part of the whole thing. I’m very happy with how this piece turned out, and is probably the highest quality editing work I’ve done to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment